We are offering EDC HCL (Intermediate of Gliptin Series API), it is known to be N-Ethyl-N′-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodimide, Hydrochloride, which is an enzyme inhibitor. It is used for stabilizing active ingredients and increasing the efficiency of reactions, this compound generally reacts with NHS or Sulfo-NHS groups. Byproducts can be easily removed within a wash that contains dilute acid and water, being a crystalline reagent; it is highly demanded to formulate activated derivatives of high-quality. It acts as an essential tool for forming peptide or amide bonds in an aqueous media and is easily soluble in alcohol, ethanol, methanol, and DMF.
Chemical Properties of EDC HCL:
The melting and boiling point ranges from 110 to 115 and 250° Celsius, respectively. Moreover, its density is 0.88 g/cm3 and in order to maintain the effectiveness of this compound, it should be stored at -20° Celsius.
Application of EDC HCL:
- Effectively applied in the synthesis of a polynucleotide
- Helpful in enabling the conjugation of hapten-carrier protein
- Works as a condensing reagent
- Also used for hydroxylation, lactonization, and esterification
Bulletined below are some other characteristics of EDC
- For stabilizing active ingredients and increasing the efficiency of reactions, this compound generally reacts with NHS or Sulfo-NHS groups
- Byproducts can be easily removed with a wash that contains dilute acid and water
- Being a crystalline reagent, it is highly demanded for formulating activated derivatives
- CAS No- 25952-53-8
- Mol Wt - 191.70